Coisas de miúda

"E pra começar eu só vou gostar De quem gosta de mim" Caetano Veloso

quinta-feira, julho 22, 2004

In English

Dear blog,

Today I´m very happy. I´ve made my first friend in the world of blogs «blogoesfera» (sorry but I don´t know the word in English).

Thanks to a Neruda fan, from Australia, there is now a  big smile on my face. 
Welcome to world of portuguese blogs.

This poem is dedicated to Bryan and his friend (who translates the posts from Portuguese... today there is no need). 

O tower of light,
sad beauty that magnified necklaces and statues in the sea,
calcareous eye,
insignia of the vast waters,
cry of the mourning petrel,
 tooth of the sea,
wife of the Oceanian wind,
O separate rose from the long stem of the trampled bush that the depths,
converted into archipelago,
O natural star,
green diadem,
alone in your lonesome dynasty,
still unattainable,
elusive, desolate like one drop,
like one grape,
like the sea.

Pablo Neruda

 

 
I also recommend this poet.  Manuel Alegre is a Portuguese man that survived the dictature in Portugal, and is one of my favorite poets.

Who can tame the horses of the wind?     
who can tame this clatter of the prominent thought?     
Who can shut the voice of the sad bell?    
that says inside what is not spoken my country's fury of rest?    
Who can forbid these words of rain?    
that drop by drop write on the window-glasses widow country the pain that goes by?    
Who can hold the fingers spears  
which within the song make the breezes the weapons harps that are needed?

Manuel Alegre